Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What’s Your Passion?

I am not a teacher yet, but I can honestly say that every elementary teacher that I have met was passionate about teaching and had a big heart for students.  I began graduate school in the wrong field at one point in time.  Even though I was learning and passing every class that I was taking, I was not enjoying the program that I was in.  I then began to think and I realized that I was in the wrong field of interest, business management.  Although, I have a Bachelors degree in business, getting a Masters degree in business was not where my heart was.  I sat down one day and was wondering why I was not happy in this program and it was the simple thought of not following my heart and passion.  I am now pursuing a Masters in Elementary Education and I am enjoying the process of learning every technique about teaching.  My passion is teaching children, what’s yours?   

2 comments:

  1. Every teacher should have your passion for teaching. You can make a lasting and important impression on our young people. I pray you always have that passion and let nothing or no one rob you off it. It is good that you realized that you were in the wrong field. It is nothing wrong in changing your mind. That shows you have not only wisdom but courage as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you, I have my B.S. in Accounting and even started working on my M.B.A in management, but I was not happy. I was passing all my classes but I was going to say I was going to get a masters degee, I have always wanted to be a teacher but my sweet grandmother talked me into going into business. Once I started subbing I knew at that moment what I need to do and that was to get my masters in Education. I just love kids and love to teach them new things and things that I learned when I was in school. I feel like this is my call TEACHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete