A community that I can honestly say that I love is the military community. Growing up as a military dependent has truly been a blessing to my life. I feel like my life is structured well and my mindset is the same as military soldiers, when it relates to lifestyle, morals and goals. Living on military bases from elementary school to high school gave me the security and the discipline that I needed growing up. I’ve always felt safe on a military base because I felt like everyone new one another, so it was almost like one big family. As a youth on the military base, one of the benefits was being able to attend the Youth Activity Center free of charge, which had all types of programs throughout the school year and even the summer to entertain children. If I wouldn’t have been raised in the communities that I was raised in, I would not be the person that I am today. So, I would like to say thank you to my parents for placing me in a safe and nurturing community and thank you to the military community for providing a secure environment and excellent benefits to all military families.
No comments:
Post a Comment