When I was in grade school, geography and science was my favorite subjects to learn. I found these two subjects to be very interesting and I was always enthused about learning more about them. Learning in a class with teachers who are energetic and creative with their lessons makes learning so much easier. I am not too surprised to see that only 25 percent of American students passed their geography test. I was already aware of American students not excelling in math and science, but wasn’t aware of there being an issue in geography. I do agree with Mr. Edelson, we have to do a better job at educating in general. If our educators were well educated, there wouldn’t be such a low percentage of passing scores on geography test with American students. Take a look at this article and tell your thoughts about what’s going on with the low percentage of American students passing geography tests. Click on the link below to review the article.
I believe the system is not teaching the true history, they are teaching a selection part of history. The information for the test are taught at the end of the year,but should be taught at the start of the school.
ReplyDelete